Association LATGA is a non-profit, non-governmental, collective copyright organization. We collectively administer the rights of authors in various fields (music, literature, audiovisual, visual and drama), collecting and distributing royalties for the use of their works. Also, Association LATGA coordinates the activities of the members of the association, ensures the widest possible use of works of Lithuanian and foreign authors, prevents copyright infringement, finances art and cultural projects, and actively educates the society about importance of copyright.
Association LATGA collectively administrates these copyright and related rights having a status of a legal entity:
- To publish, publically perform, provide musical works (with or without text) for rent;
- To reproduce musical works with or without text in the form of audio or audiovisual recording;
- To perform publically (live performance) and broadcast literary works;
- To reproduce literary works in the form of audio or audiovisual recording;
- To publish, perform, and provide audiovisual works for rent;
- To perform publically (live performance) and publish drama or musical drama works;
- To reproduce, publish, publically display, provide visual works for rent.
Association LATGA also administrates authors’ right to receive royalties for:
- Reproduction of works for personal purposes – by distributing the remuneration collected for the reproduction of audiovisual works or works recorded in phonograms for personal purposes to the authors and their rights holders;
- Reprographic reproduction – by collecting and distributing royalties for reprographic reproduction of works;
- Use of books – by distributing the royalties allocated from the state budget for the use of books and other publications in libraries.
Association LATGA, in compliance with its statute and agreements concluded with authors, and in accordance with the Copyright and Related Rights law of the Republic of Lithuania, performs these following functions:
- Grants users non-exclusive licenses to use authors’ works;
- Collects and recovers royalties for the use of works under non-exclusive licenses;
- Distributes and pays the collected royalties to the authors or their representative entities;
- In accordance with the procedure established by legal acts, protects the rights of the authors’ by representing it in court and other institutions without separate authorization;
- Provides consultations to authors on the issues of copyright protection and the use of authors’ works in various fields;
- Funds cultural and art projects;
- Organizes or participates in educational events, shares knowledge and many years of experience in the field of copyright.